same as it ever was (talking heads)

Sunday, August 21, 2005

Cancun bound...I need some help

I'm off to Cancun this Wednesday morning for one of friend's weddings. The only problem is my Spanish is a tad bit rusty. I thought of some possible inquiries that I'll more than likely use with some of the locals during my vacation. If you know the Spanish translation for any of these, please let me know in the comments section, it would be much appreciated.

1. Where is the closest local pharmacy?

2. This is the best price you can get me for some z-bars? Listen pal, I know a guy down the street who can get me some for half this price, this is buyers market friend. Now if you can't come down I'm walking.

3. I'm not paying this ridiculous cover charge unless there's a foam party tonight.

4. Sweetheart, would you mind pouring that shot of tequila down my throat for me? See I'd do it myself but I'm double-fisting Mai-ties as you can see.

5. So, do you guys get the shits if you drink the water? Or is it just us gringos?

6. Everyone please listen up and gather around. Let's see how high we can build a human pyramid. I'll make worth everyone's while, see I am in possession of American currency.

7. How much for the little girl? The women, how much for the women? Your women, I want to buy your women! The little girl. Your daughters, sell them to me! Sell me your children!! (special Thanks to John Belushi for that one)

8. I promise that hooker was dead when we got here.

Anyway, those are just some of the things that I'll more than likely need to know how to say in Spanish for my trip. Let me know if you can help out at all.

editor's note: Just can't resist the dead hooker jokes

4 Comments:

Blogger Laura said...

Haha number 8 is the best. Number 1 is a good one too. Hope you have fun on you're trip.

Sorry I don't know any Spanish ;D

Sunday, August 21, 2005 3:04:00 PM

 
Blogger Satisfied '75 said...

?donde esta pharmacia?

Sunday, August 21, 2005 8:13:00 PM

 
Blogger cgpop said...

One down, seven to go. That should help grease the wheels though.

Sunday, August 21, 2005 9:53:00 PM

 
Blogger Brent said...

The only things you need to know are these:

Donde esta el bano?
Cuanta cuesta la cerveza?

I think those are right. My spanish is rusty too since the last time I went there, Montezuma took out his revenge on my ass.

Monday, August 22, 2005 7:35:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home