same as it ever was (talking heads)

Saturday, September 17, 2005

Beautiful day outside, what to do? How about stay in and gamble!

College football in the south. Many people look at the southern United States as a scary place where people constantly play banjos or espouse their religious fanaticism to anyone who will listen. And while this may be a somewhat misguided view of life below the mason dixon line, these elements do exist (Jesus fish, W stickers, Yellow Ribbons (which I'm not slagging on so don't even go there), etc. all over the place). But there is one institution, if you will, that people love more than church down here, and that is college football.

It's Saturday and I've yet to post on any college football yet this season. The previous two weekends I was not by my computer so I was unable to post on the subject, but I'm geared up for football watching/gambling all-day today. See the thing is, when I was younger and in High School it was just cool to watch the games, as I've grown older and "wiser" I've realized the folly of my youth. I can bet money on these games as well, and it makes watching them like 100% more fun! Well trust me, I've corrected the not-betting "problem" in last five to seven years. If you want to start betting too you can link here and register with Sportingbetusa.com and set up your own on-line account. No shady bookies to deal with, gambling is now achievable from the comfort of your own home. Onto my bets, and the "lock" of the millennium....

My bets:
Oklahoma +6.5 over UCLA
Notre Dame -5 over Michigan State
Boston College +2 over Florida State
South Carolina +1.5 over Alabama

"LOCK"
Tennessee +6.5 over Florida

editor's note: I attended the UGA, South Carolina game last Saturday in Athens GA. Unfortunately I was hit to the tune of $60 clams for an open-container violation walking in downtown Athens (three other buddies suffered the same fate). Anyway important info. here if you're tailgating in Athens during a gameday it is not OK to have an open beverage in the downtown area, it is however cool to walk 50 yards across the street to North Campus and funnel golden-grain if that's your idea of a good time. The rest of THE TOMB will be posted this weekend (hopefully). Also, if these bets go well you will be seeing this segment again.

8 Comments:

Blogger cgpop said...

My fucking early picks are getting pumped right now, the fucking Irish can't play any D and SC is laying an egg at home. Gambling, I hate it right now.

Saturday, September 17, 2005 4:41:00 PM

 
Blogger cgpop said...

FUCK FUCK FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK Me. This looks like the last time I'll be sharing football picks this year. Terrible shit right now.

Saturday, September 17, 2005 6:02:00 PM

 
Blogger cgpop said...

Getting pumped 0-3 so far today, thought about removing this embarassing post, but fuck it. BC and UT still give me a hope, they will both more than likely lose now.

Saturday, September 17, 2005 7:59:00 PM

 
Blogger Satisfied '75 said...

nice pic dude. dont feel bad about the ticket though. myself, t-nutz, and bret all got public urination tickets in Athens from a "bike" cop once

Saturday, September 17, 2005 9:20:00 PM

 
Anonymous bones said...

I got an open container/minor possession from a bike cop once in Athens. Damn these guys!

Monday, September 19, 2005 4:19:00 AM

 
Anonymous Max said...

Wow 0-5, I think it would be a good idea for you to see how many picks you can get wrong in a row since clearly you are not good at this. Who do you think you are, me?

Monday, September 19, 2005 12:57:00 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

best regards, nice info top plastic surgeons Cellulite infrared hand massage Valtrex dosage for cold sores

Wednesday, February 14, 2007 10:50:00 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Best regards from NY! Adderall toxicity levels hot tubs in youngstown Play scrabble vs computer online How to make a model of niagara falls High point radisson hotel upgrade bedding and furniture Chicago local phone provider service Farm bureau insurance company of missouri http://www.pizza-oven-for-sale.info/get-free-fax-number.html Rhinoplasty before and after photos teens Tidepools swimwear 2005 Nlco cabinet handles Ada faucet requirements http://www.blowjobs1.info/Interracial_top_100.html Medicare medical alarm systems Acuvue ii contact lens rebate order contact lense us dental plans directory

Wednesday, February 21, 2007 9:24:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home