same as it ever was (talking heads)

Monday, November 14, 2005

TUXS

I like music. I've always wanted to play an instrument. To be in a band. Yet I have no musical talent. No patience to actually take the time to practice and learn the guitar, or sitar, or kazoo. None of that matters now. I'm in a band. TUXS. Ever heard of us? Probably not. Ever seen us play? That would be an impossibility. Do you like the songs "Original Sin" or "The One Thing" or "Need You Tonight/Mediate"? I thought so. TUXS is the INXS cover band that I recently formed. The only problem is that we never get a chance to play our spine-tingling rendition of "Devil Inside". We always drink too excess before each performance. Rendering us useless to actually perform any INXS covers. How do you expect me to play the guitar after I've drank a commode full of Purple Jesus (grain alcohol and grape kool-aid)? How am I going to hold a bass line after I've funneled a liter of golden grain? Sure our fans at the Sparkles in Roswell, Ga. will probably be mad that they didn't get to hear a sub-par cover of "New Sensation" but.... tough luck. I'm just hoping I don't end up with alcohol poisoning. The great thing about this thing is that I still get to tell people I'm in a band. And isn't that what really matters? Inventing lies to help yourself get laid by stupid chicks? Stupid chicks with somewhat questionable taste in music.

editor's note: I really do like much of the INXS music cannon. I just can't believe they made that reality show and picked a new lead singer. Unforgivable. I got a ticketmaster e-mail last week notifying me that they were soon to be on tour in Atlanta. Who the fuck is going to go see them now? Pathetic move by a once decent band.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Michael Hutchence said...

Zod dammit.

Tuesday, November 15, 2005 4:46:00 AM

 
Anonymous elliott said...

recently caught a new video by them. i think it was called 'pretty vegas'. just terrible.

Tuesday, November 15, 2005 8:00:00 AM

 
Anonymous bones said...

"Sparkles" in Roswell, GA? I'm there each Tuesday for Skate Night! I look forward to seeing you guys. If you need help carrying any equipment, just let me know. My white van will be right outside in the parking lot!

Tuesday, November 15, 2005 8:41:00 AM

 
Anonymous max said...

Bones -

I will see ya there and I challenge you to a "Hokey Pokey on Skates off" Yeah that is right.

Sounds like a fun band you guys looking for members?

If so I will have to check with my band members of "Weigandt weigandt" and see if its cool I join another band

Tuesday, November 15, 2005 10:09:00 AM

 
Blogger CHW said...

Hate to admit it, but I actually watched the TV show -- a lot. I found it interesting, as the house band was pretty decent and the covers they performed each week made for decent material. But when all is said and done, INXS is no better off then they were before the show and without Hutchence.

Tuesday, November 15, 2005 3:38:00 PM

 
Blogger Scrubby Nub and The Bothered Brigade said...

I'm with CHW. I also watched a good bit of the show, and some of the covers were cool. But all of the contestants were little more than talented cover singers that would be playing at a college fraternity party otherwise. The winner used to be an Elvis impersonator. Damn.

Tuesday, November 15, 2005 4:05:00 PM

 
Blogger Martin McFriend said...

From door way to door way, street corner to corner, with neon ghosts in the city, and she says: Stay with me. Beautiful girl. Stay with me.

Tuesday, November 15, 2005 5:46:00 PM

 
Blogger cgpop said...

Weigandt Weigandt! Your the lead singer of WW!!! You dudes rule, much cooler than Gay Drop and the News.

Tuesday, November 15, 2005 7:11:00 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice site! »

Friday, March 16, 2007 3:36:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home