same as it ever was (talking heads)

Saturday, January 07, 2006

NO HE DiiiINT...Yes, he's about to...

Ok, this is the post some (not many) but some of you have been waiting for (actually this is the post leading up to THE POST, this posting issue will take two posts, it's that monumental). First things first, when I started blogging I had all of these ideas of shit to blog about. I quickly threw most of those ideas out of the window and did much freestyling. Anyway, this post in particular is one of the original ideas that I put off for seven or so months, no longer. This post is to inform you about the original Ghost and the Darkness story (not about the stupid lions but about how we laughed at our friend...you'll see) and why I must re-watch and do a review of this cinematic landmark. GITD (which is the new slang, has been the new slang for years) backstory...

Back in high school a couple of friends and I went to see the movie Air Force Once. We were all just shooting the shit talking about other movies that we liked. Then out of nowhere, it happened, one of my friends said...

him: "Hey guys, you know what movie I really like? Ghost and the Darkness."
us: "Yeah dude, whatever, pretty funny."
him: "What do you mean?"
us: "You mean, you really like GITD? You can't be serious?"
him: "Yeah, I thought it was really good."

The next 20 minutes were spent in hysterical side-splitting laughter. The type of laughter where people look at you like you're insane. People around us in the theater started to get really pissed off at us when Air Force One started and we hadn't stopped laughing...loudly. Why was I laughing myself to the point of tears in the scene where Gary Oldman repeatedly slams Harrison Ford into a cabinet? You guessed it, because over an hour earlier my friend said that he like the movie GITD. Maybe we (me in particular) were a bit harsh on our buddy? Probably not, just to make sure I'm going to rent and watch GITD tonight and do a movie review of sorts. Be looking for the post sometime tomorrow.

editor's note: Why all the fuss over GITD you ask? Actually if you have to ask, you haven't seen the movie. This is not an exaggeration, it is the worst movie I've ever seen, worse than Blue Chips...I'm not kidding...this is not hyperbole. Don't worry about me, I have some left over new year's vodka to help pull me through tonight. Also, CD, this is in good fun, don't get mad, if you want to write a guest post on the merits of GITD, you are more than welcome to.

3 Comments:

Blogger cgpop said...

Delayed, wasn't able to watch it this weekend. Be looking for the post sometime in the near future though.

Sunday, January 08, 2006 5:30:00 PM

 
Anonymous bones said...

holy crap, I'd forgotten all about this movie. looks terrible!

Sunday, January 08, 2006 6:26:00 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The "merits"???

If ever there was an oxy-moron.

The only "merit" of the movie is that it ends.

Sunday, January 08, 2006 10:01:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home