same as it ever was (talking heads)

Saturday, January 07, 2006

A Tribe Called Quest..."Hot Sex"...#1

I created a pretty decent iTunes playlist (in my opinion). I put one song a piece from each of my favorite musical groups. The only stipulation I had while forming the list was that it couldn't be an obvious song by the group (read: overly popular). Some of my selections actually may be overly popular but I at least tried. Also, I'm trying the file-hosting you-send-it for the first time, hopefully it'll all work out. First off is "Hot Sex"(mp3) from every white person's favorite rap group A Tribe Called Quest. Seriously though, these dudes rule. "Hot Sex" was originally off of the Boomerang soundtrack (I don't own this soundtrack I just found this out, you learn something new every day). It can also be found on Anthology (that's where I found it). Well, shit, let's see how this works. If this does work, I'll do one a week.

editor's note: If you are a member of ATCQ or one of their lawyers please don't sue me. I seriously doubt that you'd be reading this blog, but if by chance you are and are not amused please send me an e-mail at cultgoespop@gmail.com and the shit will disappear.

14 Comments:

Blogger Captain Bee said...

I don't know whether to be pleased or somewhat frightened that I've heard this song before.

I'll go with frightened because it's cloudy outside today.

Saturday, January 07, 2006 4:11:00 PM

 
Blogger cgpop said...

Sweet, I guess it's working.

Saturday, January 07, 2006 4:57:00 PM

 
Anonymous You're SOOOO cool said...

God forbid you like a song that is popular!!!! Morissey sucks.

Saturday, January 07, 2006 5:59:00 PM

 
Blogger cgpop said...

I love popular songs, that isn't the point of the whole thing though, it is to hopefully expose people to some music that maybe they haven't heard before. Also, Morrissey is totally cool.

Saturday, January 07, 2006 7:33:00 PM

 
Blogger Satisfied '75 said...

its true. tribe is my all time fave rap group. im white too.

Saturday, January 07, 2006 8:16:00 PM

 
Blogger cgpop said...

me too, a tie w/ outkast

Saturday, January 07, 2006 10:47:00 PM

 
Blogger marathonpacks said...

I'm blacker than black and I totally forgot about this song. It has the video where Q-Tip wears that scary mask in the abandoned movie theatre. Whoo-hoo! Love it.

Sunday, January 08, 2006 11:35:00 AM

 
Anonymous max said...

Sat75. You sure you are white? I mean how did you get your Nickname?

Sunday, January 08, 2006 6:10:00 PM

 
Blogger Scrubby Nub and The Bothered Brigade said...

Yeah, Tribe and Outkast are pretty much the shit. J-5, too. Those are my top three.

Monday, January 09, 2006 5:56:00 PM

 
Blogger Scrubby Nub and The Bothered Brigade said...

Oh, and I'm white, too.

Monday, January 09, 2006 5:57:00 PM

 
Blogger Scrubby Nub and The Bothered Brigade said...

Word.

Monday, January 09, 2006 5:57:00 PM

 
Anonymous elliott said...

none of the aforementioned bands can hold a candle to black eyed peas, though. "MY HUMP MY HUMP MY HUMP!"

Tuesday, January 10, 2006 8:14:00 AM

 
Anonymous Mind Building said...

Hi! I like what you are doing. Maybe we could exchange tips on Mind Building. You can have a quick look at http://www.wellnessmaster.com so we can exchange ideas.

Monday, July 31, 2006 7:47:00 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great site film editing classes

Saturday, March 17, 2007 10:32:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home