same as it ever was (talking heads)

Saturday, February 18, 2006

I usually don't like

when I'm reading a book and the author has a character say something like, "You know Jimmy, there are two types of people in the world...". I will list the two reasons I don't like this. Reason 1 is because it's a lazy literary device used by the author so they can later in the book refer to as another character as either one of the two types of people. Way too much telling, not enough showing...and for those of us who have ever taken a intro to fiction class know, that is a bad thing. Reason 2, because statements like that, meaning two categories for people, are total bullshit. You can't group people into a broad category because we all have unique characteristics, like snowflakes if you will (did you guys notice how I just used a tired cliche to convey info? anyway, moving on).

I've always thought Reason 2 was rock solid. I realized today the error of my ways. I was buying my mom a belt for her birthday today, I was at the food court at Lennox mall when it hit me...there are in fact two types of people walking around, I've been wrong all of these years! On to the two types of people...

Type #1: People who actually think Nicholas Cage can act.

Type #2: People who even when thinking momentarily about Nicholas Cage's acting skills throw up a little bit in their own mouths.

I would personally fall into category #2. Sure, Nic Cage was good in Raising Arizona but guess what (also, I bring this point up only to cut off the commenter who says, "Whatever dude, he was good in Raising Arizona), that movie is like 20 fucking years old and that's his only good one, end of story. So, what type of person are you?

14 Comments:

Anonymous max said...

Fast times at Ridgemont High... Nice.

Saturday, February 18, 2006 5:18:00 PM

 
Anonymous robbo said...

Where do you come up with this shit, anyway? I guess I think he sucks.

Saturday, February 18, 2006 5:50:00 PM

 
Blogger Captain Bee said...

Remember the movie "Snake Eyes"? What a fucking abortion of a film.

Saturday, February 18, 2006 6:43:00 PM

 
Blogger cgpop said...

I concur, fucking terrible stuff.

Saturday, February 18, 2006 7:37:00 PM

 
Blogger Will said...

Well, I personally love "Adaptation" and "Wild at Heart" ... he makes some pretty fucking questionable choices. Hilarious post.

Sunday, February 19, 2006 1:10:00 AM

 
Blogger Jacquie said...

Type 2 for me, though I once thought he was amusing. Great post.
The picture- disturbing!

Sunday, February 19, 2006 3:56:00 AM

 
Blogger cgpop said...

I like "Adaptation", but I think I would have loved if say Ed Norton or someone else had played Cages's role. Same w/ "Wild at Heart" liked the movie but though Cage sucked. The pic is from Conan, his if they mated segment.

Sunday, February 19, 2006 11:18:00 AM

 
Blogger Brent said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Sunday, February 19, 2006 11:21:00 AM

 
Blogger Brent said...

Did Sanders just refer to people as "unique snowflakes"?

I like "two types of people in this world" statements. For example, there are 2 types of people in this world: 1) people who enjoy the Dirty Sanchez, and 2) people who do not enjoy the Dirty Sanchez. How is there a third possible category???

Sunday, February 19, 2006 11:23:00 AM

 
Blogger Thurthtin Thithtertinton said...

So who did Nick Cage mate with in that picture? It quite disturbing.

Sunday, February 19, 2006 10:09:00 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

con air and face off kick ass.

Monday, February 20, 2006 7:06:00 AM

 
Anonymous Breff said...

Leaving Las Vegas is a classic. Total laugh riot.

Tuesday, February 21, 2006 6:37:00 PM

 
Blogger cgpop said...

Agreed Breff

Saturday, February 25, 2006 3:30:00 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a great story. Waiting for more. film editing schools

Saturday, March 17, 2007 3:56:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home