same as it ever was (talking heads)

Sunday, March 05, 2006

BLUR, a retrospective

Ok fuck it, I won't put up a stupid fucking picture (this rambling is more for my sake not yours, blogger doesn't want to let me put up a picture right at this moment, so fuck it, I won't put up a stupid fucking picture).

If someone asked me what my favorite band is I would probably tell them either U2 or Talking Heads. When I actually stop and think about this question though the actual answer should probably be Blur. I compiled a favorite 100 songs list some months back and Blur had six entries, the highest number from any band on the countdown. I'm going to put up a song from each of Blur's albums right now in m4a format (Kaplan) so you can download them if you please (I'm actually going to skip Leisure their first album, b/c I can't find it in my iTunes folder, so it's getting skipped, just to let you know I would have probably put up "There's No Other Way" but everyone has probably already heard that song before, so no skin off my back, that's a stupid saying). Blur are a criminally under-rated band, that's a heads up, if you download and listen to these tunes you'll see what I'm saying, enjoy...

"Oily Water": Modern Life is Rubbish
"Trouble in the Message Center": Parklife
"Yuko & Hiro": The Great Escape (I wanted to send "Entertain Me" but I clicked this by accident, I'm having issues today, this is still a good song, just know that it's not as good as "Entertain Me", maybe I'll post that at a later time, this whole thing is taking me a long time and I want to watch Oscars tonight)
"Death of a Party": Blur
"Caramel": 13 (my favorite Blur album, a top 5 all-time favorite album actually)
"Ambulance": Think Tank

10 Comments:

Blogger Will said...

A favorite of mine as well. Frankly, I don't know why they are so underrated - maybe it was that feud with Oasis.

Monday, March 06, 2006 2:12:00 PM

 
Blogger Scrubby Nub and The Bothered Brigade said...

Blur is very good. But I liked your number 1 pick on the top 100. May not have been mine, but it is a favorite. Though I don't know if that's what you're actually getting at in this post. In reality, this comment makes no sense. Think about it. Jesus, I am retarded.

Monday, March 06, 2006 6:07:00 PM

 
Blogger Captain Bee said...

That track "Ambulance" is fucking ridiculously good.

Monday, March 06, 2006 7:36:00 PM

 
Blogger cgpop said...

"Ambulance" is ridonculous captain, actually that whole album is solid. Yeah Y2 don't quite know where you were going with that one, doesn't really matter though man, good post today on your part, fuck those hollyweird snobs. Will, I really think it had to do with a lack of Unibrow on the Blur fellas parts, whereas Oasis had much unibrow. So what I'm sayin is massive unibrow = larger popularity.

Monday, March 06, 2006 10:35:00 PM

 
Blogger Brent said...

I want to congratulate Blur on having SIX spots in your countdown. Well done, Blur!

Tuesday, March 07, 2006 7:18:00 AM

 
Blogger cgpop said...

I am sure they are honored.

Tuesday, March 07, 2006 7:57:00 PM

 
Blogger Will said...

The unibrow ... I see. Yeah, Think Tank so ridiculously underrated.

Wednesday, March 08, 2006 3:53:00 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very cool design! Useful information. Go on! 2002 jeep liberty gas mileage http://www.officeshelves.info/vacuumcleanersanyoscx90.html a arms for 97 jeep wangler Check credit fax free loan no Fort worth computer recycler Best car consumer report wax 12286 blood pressure used postal jeep oxycontin detox after 60 days Car cover pics 1999 jeep cherokee hatch trim zoloft and delayed ejackulation Today show liposuction hariy teen pussy Sofa design western australia Jeep differential parts Parts for jeep cherokee Greek distance learning uk Individual dental insurance michigan

Wednesday, February 14, 2007 5:18:00 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looking for information and found it at this great site... »

Thursday, March 01, 2007 12:51:00 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is very interesting site... »

Friday, March 16, 2007 11:44:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home