same as it ever was (talking heads)

Saturday, April 15, 2006

Dooooods

There was a like pencil next to my comments section last night. Did anyone else see this on their blogs? I'm not hallucinating, I distinctly remember seeing this. Someone back me up here. Anyway, saw Neko Case last night, phenominal voice. It got me to thinking about art and shit too, sooooo all-in-all a very well spent 25 bones. I don't really want to wax bullshit philosophical (but unfortunately I think I'm about to) but the show was actually kind of inspirational to a point. It really got me thinking about creating art in general whether it be film, music, writing, (dare I say blogging?) etc. I really think people create art to get recognized for it, and that's ok, nothing wrong with that, we live in a capitalist society (thank god). I just think (for me at least) the stronger allure of dicking around on this blog or writing a screenplay or what have you, is to please myself (lshismp, i luv to pls myslf ;) No bullshit, my fucking rambling point is everyone should be more selfish, for serious, in art and life in general. This is the last time, you'll see a post like this here, because I don't normally like getting into territory like this, but I just thought for some reason today I should say this.

editor's note: "I'm not crazy" quote from chick in Scary Movie who runs away with her hands over her head

editor's note (2): Tom Cruise is gay

4 Comments:

Anonymous bones said...

Agreed, dude! I've found that spending quality personal time doing creative shit with no audience in mind is about the most therapeutic thing one can do!

P.S. on a lighter note: neko case, sit on my face.

Saturday, April 15, 2006 2:24:00 PM

 
Blogger chiggers said...

there is art in blogging indeed.

Saturday, April 15, 2006 5:52:00 PM

 
Blogger Satisfied '75 said...

well said. here here! or is it "hear hear"?

Sunday, April 16, 2006 5:35:00 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great site indonesian swimsuit How people in los angeles buy oxycontin Scrabble shirt Free interracial lesbian kissing videos butalbital apap wcaffeine Hummer dealer central illinois ash bookcase coupons Buy cheap butalbital free fedex roadmaster mp3 player

Friday, February 16, 2007 11:08:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home